Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to have two people using same Final Cut Pro account on two computers

My partner and I both want to work on videos on the same account. I downloaded Final Cut Pro on my computer with the Free Trial and now for him to access this on his computer, does he need to log in using my AppleID?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 1:22 AM

The FCP libraries are not at all tied to your Apple IDs. They are basically separate documents, likes PDFs, that contain data about you’re doing. The bundle can also contain media, though it doesn’t have to. Generally when collaborating it’s best to use external media rather than managed media stored inside the library.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2022 1:22 AM in response to cat__7786

The FCP libraries are not at all tied to your Apple IDs. They are basically separate documents, likes PDFs, that contain data about you’re doing. The bundle can also contain media, though it doesn’t have to. Generally when collaborating it’s best to use external media rather than managed media stored inside the library.

How to have two people using same Final Cut Pro account on two computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.