Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change data from my Apple ID to another Apple id

I have recently had to buy another phone because the one I have for my work I have to give back

on my new phone I’ve had to create a new Apple I’d just so when I turn my company phone back in I will still have a phone. I will not have access to my company email so I can’t manage my old Apple ID.

my question is can I transfer all my data from one Apple ID to my new Apple ID?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 2:00 AM

Depends on what you mean by data, and you haven't elaborated. Generally with business-issued devices they are the property of the business, not the user and this includes the content of the phone. If you were permitted to have private items on it such as photos or contacts and wish to preserve these for transfer to your new and privately owned device you will have to do it the long way and copy this content to a holding device - perhaps a computer drive - then load them into your new phone.

Be aware that you may not be able to keep data on your private devices which is related to your company.

Any content purchased on the business Apple ID, which you are relinquishing, will remain with that Apple ID and cannot be transferred. Speak to your IT support team at the company.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2022 2:00 AM in response to Add12plus12

Depends on what you mean by data, and you haven't elaborated. Generally with business-issued devices they are the property of the business, not the user and this includes the content of the phone. If you were permitted to have private items on it such as photos or contacts and wish to preserve these for transfer to your new and privately owned device you will have to do it the long way and copy this content to a holding device - perhaps a computer drive - then load them into your new phone.

Be aware that you may not be able to keep data on your private devices which is related to your company.

Any content purchased on the business Apple ID, which you are relinquishing, will remain with that Apple ID and cannot be transferred. Speak to your IT support team at the company.

How can I change data from my Apple ID to another Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.