Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 pro max blurry pictures

I just got the iPhone 13 pro max and needless to say it is such a disappointment! I bought this specifically for the camera as an upgrade from my IPhone 11 and I can’t believe how horrendous the picture quality is ! I have googled and and done tried turning on and off various features but photos continue to have that blurry oil painting effect ! I cannot believe I wasted so much money on the 13. As I google it seems thousands of people have the same problem and same disappointment!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 9:44 AM

Camera quality is so bad. When we take pictures its normal but when we open in photos it extra sharpens the image which is so bad. It is just like oil painting effect . Such a big disappointment

3 replies

Jan 1, 2022 12:24 AM in response to helenfromgr

If your Photos and Videos are stored in iCloud and you share it before downloading the original then it may appear blurry but it is not.

Your photos and videos are stored on your device in their original, high-resolution version. This means that they use a lot of space on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. With iCloud Photos, you can make more space available on your device and have your entire collection, everywhere you go.

Get started with iCloud Photos:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  2. Turn on iCloud Photos.
  3. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

iPhone 13 pro max blurry pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.