Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time machine backup onto computer with new fusion board is taking over 24 hours to transfer- what is wrong?

Due to a computer crash and need for a new fusion board my hard drive was erased and, according to the Genius Bar, my computer should be good to go. I am transferring my files from my time machine onto my computer and initially it said it would take 6 hours to complete. Well, 24 hours later it’s saying I have “18 hours and 28 minutes remaining at 22.9 MB/s”. Am I to assume there is a problem with my time machine??

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 1:02 PM

I'd wait another hour.

If it still doesn't show any progress, start the migration over. To stop, force shut off your Mac if there is no "Cancel" button. You should then restore from your Time Machine backup: Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support. 

Jack

5 replies

Jan 1, 2022 12:59 PM in response to Old Toad

You are speaking a language I don’t know! All I know is that the fellow at the Apple store/Genius Bar said they had to replace the fusion board (drive? Who knows) which meant the hard drive was wiped clean and that I would simply have to plug in my time machine and follow the directions to get the info transferred and my computer back up and running. Obviously it’s not been quite that simple… it has been stuck on saying that it has transferred 375904 files for at least the last 8 hours and the time remaining has now gone up to over 21 hours at 22.9 MB/s. Should I cancel and try again somehow?

Time machine backup onto computer with new fusion board is taking over 24 hours to transfer- what is wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.