Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sharing iMovie to website and Instagram

I want to create short education videos to share on all my social media sites including my website. Can I do that?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 3:08 PM

Hi,

You should be able to upload your movies to Instagram and other commercial video websites. The procedure would be to export your movie to your desktop and then follow the video website's requirements and directions for uploading. For example, in iMovie there will be options for sharing movies that satisfy the requirements for being uploaded to You Tube, FaceBook, and Vimeo.

With your personal website, I believe that you would need to create an embed code for your video and then paste that into the appropriate place in your website. For example, You Tube has a method of creating an embed code. See this link:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en

The service that houses your website might have embedding instructions as well.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2022 3:08 PM in response to Nashworshiper

Hi,

You should be able to upload your movies to Instagram and other commercial video websites. The procedure would be to export your movie to your desktop and then follow the video website's requirements and directions for uploading. For example, in iMovie there will be options for sharing movies that satisfy the requirements for being uploaded to You Tube, FaceBook, and Vimeo.

With your personal website, I believe that you would need to create an embed code for your video and then paste that into the appropriate place in your website. For example, You Tube has a method of creating an embed code. See this link:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en

The service that houses your website might have embedding instructions as well.

-- Rich

sharing iMovie to website and Instagram

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.