Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mail server is Aol and I am no longer able to initiate a new email from my iphone as I have been able to do in the past. I am able to respond to emails sent to me. How do I correct this?

My mail server is Aol and I am no longer able to initiate a new email as I have done in the past. I am able to respond to emails received. how do I correct this?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 11:25 AM

What happens when you tap on the new message icon:

3 replies

Jan 21, 2022 10:32 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I am having the same problem (with my husband's account), except for an additional problem of not being able to receive mail with the account either. I have done some research, and it looks like part of the problem is the fact that AOL is going to two factor authentication on these accounts. In some of the messaging site (for an IBM-type machine), it says to look for "OAuth2" as the authentication method. I don't see this as an available option, and I'm reluctant to go into the operating system and start tinkering with authentication settings when I have an Apple device, not a Windows-based environment.

My mail server is Aol and I am no longer able to initiate a new email from my iphone as I have been able to do in the past. I am able to respond to emails sent to me. How do I correct this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.