Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Contacts on my iphone

Hi, I've been dealing with seeing several duplicate contacts on my iphone for a while. I finally got around to cleaning up all my icloud contacts and made sure there's none on my icloud contacts. When I go to my iphone and uncheck all other groups such as Gmail & etc, I still see multiple duplicate contacts!!! I also made sure to clean up my outlook contacts and change the settings not to sync. Is there anyone who can help me identify where these duplicate contacts are coming from?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 1:08 PM

Thanks for the reply. Here's how I fixed this issue. I went to Setting -> Contacts -> Accounts -> iCloud -> iCloud -> Contact (Turn off and turn back on after few second).

All other accounts (hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo & etc) have contacts turned off.

2 replies

Jan 3, 2022 10:59 AM in response to merckury

Hello merckury,

It sounds like you are seeing duplicate contacts even when you turn off other contact groups.

Here are some resources that might help:

If you have no account selected, the contacts you are seeing are stored on your iPhone. The way to remove them will be to delete them. Review Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you are seeing these contacts and you have only iCloud selected, try to follow the steps in If you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud Contacts.

Could you also have the same contact for different accounts? Identify the name of a duplicate contact and see what account they fall under by only selecting one account at a time.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Duplicate Contacts on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.