Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green led line on front screen

How to fix green LED lines that appeared on my phone home and Lock Screen

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:16 AM

I had been searching for an answer to my son's iPhone problem and came across several articles referring to this as a known issue. I only shared one example, but apparently that is not acceptable on this forum and I apologize to the moderators for my error. Regardless, I came here hoping for help, not insults or accusations of posting a story that does not add up.

My son purchased his iPhone XS Max on Jan 27, 2021. We have the electronic receipt. He purchased it on Amazon and it came with a 90 day guarantee that has long passed. Following some online searching, he called the Apple Support number that was provided and was told that it was a hardware problem, that he would need to take it to an Apple store for repairs, and that he would have to pay for those repairs, despite the fact that this was a known hardware problem. I gathered from him that his quote of the cost been given to him by the person with whom he spoke gave him the cost estimate, but I can't swear to it. My son is on the autism spectrum and is very literal about things. Earlier online research indicated that hardware repairs cost $300 and up so it is possible that he simply included that amount when relaying the story to me.

Ridiculous that I felt the need to respond in such detail, but, as I noted above, I came here for help and was hopeful when I saw that Colbourn17 had already posted about a similar problem. LD150, please be aware of tone when responding to others in the future.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 7:16 AM in response to LD150

I had been searching for an answer to my son's iPhone problem and came across several articles referring to this as a known issue. I only shared one example, but apparently that is not acceptable on this forum and I apologize to the moderators for my error. Regardless, I came here hoping for help, not insults or accusations of posting a story that does not add up.

My son purchased his iPhone XS Max on Jan 27, 2021. We have the electronic receipt. He purchased it on Amazon and it came with a 90 day guarantee that has long passed. Following some online searching, he called the Apple Support number that was provided and was told that it was a hardware problem, that he would need to take it to an Apple store for repairs, and that he would have to pay for those repairs, despite the fact that this was a known hardware problem. I gathered from him that his quote of the cost been given to him by the person with whom he spoke gave him the cost estimate, but I can't swear to it. My son is on the autism spectrum and is very literal about things. Earlier online research indicated that hardware repairs cost $300 and up so it is possible that he simply included that amount when relaying the story to me.

Ridiculous that I felt the need to respond in such detail, but, as I noted above, I came here for help and was hopeful when I saw that Colbourn17 had already posted about a similar problem. LD150, please be aware of tone when responding to others in the future.

Jan 2, 2022 3:33 PM in response to Colbourn17

Green lines are usually hardware failure.

You should arrange a repair

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service

or: contact Apple Support 

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article.

You can see additional service information within the following article:

Prepare your iPhone for packing and shipping

Jan 4, 2022 7:16 AM in response to belynda177

As you noticed, if you post from the internet it may get taken down.

If Apple quoted you over $300 to fix it then that model and serial number does not come under any recall program.

It comes under out-of-warranty replacement, not even Screen repair.

If it was indeed under 12 months old they would not have quoted you that price without inspecting it in the workshop under warranty so parts of your story do not add up.

[Edited by Moderator]

Green led line on front screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.