Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit FaceTime Group

How to edit and remove people from your FaceTime group? Someone added me to a FaceTime group and now I’m no longer interested being apart of the group. Everytime anyone use that link all of us are getting the FaceTime call. I want to be removed and i don’t want to block the person because I know them.

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 8:39 PM

Renee123y Said:

"Edit FaceTime Group: How to edit and remove people from your FaceTime group? Someone added me to a FaceTime group and now I’m no longer interested being apart of the group. Everytime anyone use that link all of us are getting the FaceTime call. I want to be removed and i don’t want to block the person because I know them."

-------

Removing Yourself from a FaceTime Group:

A. This is Not an Option. Unfortunately (as of this reply), you need to be removed by the person who set this up. So, you need to end it yourself.

1. Go here: Use Group FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Add a person to a Group FaceTime call
  3. As it Reads: "When someone is added to a Group FaceTime call, they can't be removed from the call. In order for that person to leave the call, they need to end the Group FaceTime call on their own device."

B. Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: You can recommend to Apple that they make this a feature of FaceTime.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what changes to make in versions to come..

1. Go Here: Feedback FaceTime - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request or Enhancement" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this to be an option
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2022 8:39 PM in response to Renee123y

Renee123y Said:

"Edit FaceTime Group: How to edit and remove people from your FaceTime group? Someone added me to a FaceTime group and now I’m no longer interested being apart of the group. Everytime anyone use that link all of us are getting the FaceTime call. I want to be removed and i don’t want to block the person because I know them."

-------

Removing Yourself from a FaceTime Group:

A. This is Not an Option. Unfortunately (as of this reply), you need to be removed by the person who set this up. So, you need to end it yourself.

1. Go here: Use Group FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Add a person to a Group FaceTime call
  3. As it Reads: "When someone is added to a Group FaceTime call, they can't be removed from the call. In order for that person to leave the call, they need to end the Group FaceTime call on their own device."

B. Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: You can recommend to Apple that they make this a feature of FaceTime.  Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what changes to make in versions to come..

1. Go Here: Feedback FaceTime - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request or Enhancement" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this to be an option
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Edit FaceTime Group

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.