Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages.app

Is there any way to import "My Templates" from an older Mac running Mojave to my new Mac mini M1 running MacOS Monterey 12.0.1?

The old templates are stored on the Mojave Mac in

/Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/iWork/Pages/Templates/My Templates/

On the Monterey Mac I found that newly created custom templates get placed in

/Users/$USER/Library/Containers/Pages/Data/Library/Application Support/User Templates

I tried placing copies of the old templates in that folder but Pages does not recognize them. When I ask it to create a new file it shows under "My Templates" only the ones that it has created.

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 8:46 PM

I discovered a simpler way: at the new Mac, using file sharing, open the template folder located at

on the old Mac. When you then double-click on a template, pages.app on the new Mac will respond with a pop-up panel offering to either create a new document with that template or add this template to the new Mac's Template Chooser.

Copying the old folder to the new Mac via wifi or sneakernet also works.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2022 8:46 PM in response to JHSaltzer

I discovered a simpler way: at the new Mac, using file sharing, open the template folder located at

on the old Mac. When you then double-click on a template, pages.app on the new Mac will respond with a pop-up panel offering to either create a new document with that template or add this template to the new Mac's Template Chooser.

Copying the old folder to the new Mac via wifi or sneakernet also works.

pages.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.