Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime Audio Way Too Loud

When on facetime the audio randomly gets extremely loud as if it’s on the highest level of volume. Based on the side bar and the control center, my volume is all the way down it is still so loud. Changing the volume levels doesn’t change the volume at all, it just stays loud. In settings I toggle the “change with volume buttons” feature for ringer and alerts on and off which temporarily returns the volume back to normal, only for it to become severely loud again not even seconds later. I change my mic to different modes and it does nothing. I’m seriously annoyed as facetime is completely unusable at this point. Only happens on speaker mode, not when using airpods.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 10:44 PM

Hey!

I’ve been having the same problem, i’ll be on FaceTime and then randomly the audio goes to max and I cant turn it down, even the control centre volume shows that it’s at the lowest but it sounds like it’s on the max. Have you found a solution other then ending and restarting the call?

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 10:44 PM in response to kafui178

Hey!

I’ve been having the same problem, i’ll be on FaceTime and then randomly the audio goes to max and I cant turn it down, even the control centre volume shows that it’s at the lowest but it sounds like it’s on the max. Have you found a solution other then ending and restarting the call?

Mar 29, 2022 9:18 PM in response to aslbros

If you go into a app and play a video turning that video volume all the way down is the only way I’ve seen to turn the FaceTime call down too without having to hang up on the person you’re on the phone with, for me it’s usually someone sleep on the phone so if I hang up it’s just over wit 😂 so just turn a video all the way down and you’re golden.

Apr 6, 2022 11:27 PM in response to aslbros

if you close all your apps that use regular audio, close them all out them mess with the volume and instead of it being the regular volume it should uave a little phone next to it, indicating its now controling the in call volume. then you can put it how you like then open tik tok or whatever you were on back up then you should be able to control your regular volume.

Jan 21, 2022 7:43 PM in response to aslbros

So I’ve been having this issue also, every single FaceTime call I have the more frequent it becomes but I’ve somewhat figured out what the issue is.

If you have tiktok (it’s the only app I’ve notice that does this) but when you receive a notification (even if it’s in app) your audio will randomly glitch out and you won’t be able to change your volume.

The only thing that’s worked that fixes the volume is playing audio (either music or a video) and it will fix itself. (You can do it while you’re in call)

I’m not sure why its causing this issue but I hope it gets fixed. If it’s not tiktok that’s causing it, it’s a notification issue with apple then.

Jan 3, 2022 4:22 PM in response to aslbros

Hey there, aslbros.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for posting about the audio issues you've experienced in FaceTime when using speaker mode. We'd glad to see how we can help out.

If you're using iOS 15, there are a few audio settings within FaceTime that your iPhone 12 mini can take advantage of. When you mentioned testing out microphone modes, did you mean that you've already tried both Voice Isolation and Wide Spectrum modes? We ask as those could either amplify or remove ambient noise around you, which could affect how you hear things. If not, learn more in Change FaceTime audio settings on iPhone.

Did this begin suddenly, or has the volume been very high when using speaker mode for the entirety of your ownership of the iPhone 12 mini? If this is a fairly new issue, have you restarted the iPhone since it began? if not, try that.

Take care.

Facetime Audio Way Too Loud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.