Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to add my gmail account but can't do so. Can anyone help, please?

iMac 24″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 5:05 AM

Have you tried but failed? What hasn't worked for you?

There are two ways you can add a Google account (or any other).

1. System Preferences > Internet Accounts > Click on the + button at the bottom left of the panel > Choose your service > Click on Open Browser > Enter Your Credentials and follow the prompts. This will give you options to install more than your email service - for example Google calendars.
  2. Go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts > + button > Choose your email service, enter your credentials and follow the prompts.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 5:05 AM in response to 11_29_06

Have you tried but failed? What hasn't worked for you?

There are two ways you can add a Google account (or any other).

1. System Preferences > Internet Accounts > Click on the + button at the bottom left of the panel > Choose your service > Click on Open Browser > Enter Your Credentials and follow the prompts. This will give you options to install more than your email service - for example Google calendars.
  2. Go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts > + button > Choose your email service, enter your credentials and follow the prompts.

Jan 3, 2022 5:28 AM in response to 11_29_06

I just added an old and almost forgotten gmail address to my Mac's Mail via the System Preferences route (method 1 above). After a pause it added the account to Mail, then another pause followed as it downloaded the four very old emails in the In box. I suspect that if you have heaps of mail it will take a while to cogitate and download them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.