Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a virtual device from my audio output source?

After using a screen recorder extension on chrome browser, my digital audio output isn't working. I did some research and I think I found the problem, but not the correct solution. DeskFx Virtual Device is not in any /library/extensions folder or anywhere in Finder. I read a Q&A on here, communities, for the same problem, the answer was actually by the asker. He email the company and got sudo command codes to uninstall that specific program. If i knew the file name could I replace the "Audio Jingle" file with the "DeskFx" file? Or is that a bad Idea? I am already suffering from over an hour of no music, I would rather not mess up anything else. Should I just try to get a hold of DeskFx and request the uninstall instructions?

Or does someone actually have an easy answer for me??

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 6:14 AM

1 reply

How do I remove a virtual device from my audio output source?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.