Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to delete spam calendar

A while ago I started getting spam calendar notifications. Trying to delete the calendar doesn’t work: when I press “delete calendar” it disappears, then a second later it’s back again.

I found online that this can be solved by logging into iCloud.com, but when I log in there is no calendar app, so this does not work as well.

What might be the problem here and are there any other ways to solve this?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 7:16 AM

You need to unsubscribe not delete.

Are you seeing something as shown in the pic below? This is neither a hack nor a virus. It is spam and you can get rid of it. Read below...

Then probably you have accepted an offer or subscribed for a spam Calendar accidentally. Watch the GIF below to know how to unsubscribe from these alerts. Look for an unknown Calendar on the device under subscribed calendars.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 7:16 AM in response to asta160

You need to unsubscribe not delete.

Are you seeing something as shown in the pic below? This is neither a hack nor a virus. It is spam and you can get rid of it. Read below...

Then probably you have accepted an offer or subscribed for a spam Calendar accidentally. Watch the GIF below to know how to unsubscribe from these alerts. Look for an unknown Calendar on the device under subscribed calendars.

Unable to delete spam calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.