You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to permanently add "Strike Thru" in the TextEdit Menu?

Is there a way to permanently add "Strike Thru" in the TExtEdit Menu? You can go to FORMAT->SHOW FONTS ->then choose "Strike Thru" (single or double) THERE but why can't you add it to the menu where Bold, Italic, Underline is already?

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 9:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 10:10 AM

GMak wrote:

Is there a way to permanently add "Strike Thru" in the TExtEdit Menu? You can go to FORMAT->SHOW FONTS ->then choose "Strike Thru" (single or double) THERE but why can't you add it to the menu where Bold, Italic, Underline is already?

p̶e̶r̶m̶a̶n̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶"̶S̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶T̶h̶r̶u̶"̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶T̶E̶x̶t̶E̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶M̶e̶n̶u̶?̶

Not that I see:

TextEdit User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

submit your user feedback:

you can submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

TextEdit.app has conveniently been left out of the product feedback page—see macOS

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2022 10:10 AM in response to GMak

GMak wrote:

p̶e̶r̶m̶a̶n̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶"̶S̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶T̶h̶r̶u̶"̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶T̶E̶x̶t̶E̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶M̶e̶n̶u̶?̶

Not that I see:

TextEdit User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

submit your user feedback:

you can submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

TextEdit.app has conveniently been left out of the product feedback page—see macOS

Is there a way to permanently add "Strike Thru" in the TextEdit Menu?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.