Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got a Ipad and trying to use same apple Id for it that I use for my Iphone. Get msg saying it is already in use and will not let me use same one.

Got a Ipad and trying to use same apple Id for it that I use for my Iphone. Get msg saying it is already in use and will not let me use same one.

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 11:06 AM

Make sure that while trying to activate the iPad that you are not on the screen to create an Apple ID, but to log into the Apple ID. If you try to add the current Apple ID in the create screen it will show as in use. You should be able to log into that Apple ID as you can have multiple devices logged in with the same Apple ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 11:06 AM in response to brenSprinkle

Make sure that while trying to activate the iPad that you are not on the screen to create an Apple ID, but to log into the Apple ID. If you try to add the current Apple ID in the create screen it will show as in use. You should be able to log into that Apple ID as you can have multiple devices logged in with the same Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.