Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

could not sign in/apple id or password incorrect

I tried to get an app and the app store wouldn't let me get it, so i eventually signed out of the appstore only to realize that I couldn't get back in. "could not sign in" error. my password was correct but I changed it anyway. Same problem, sometimes it redirects me to another way to sign in only to tell me my password is wrong. I am able to sign in to appletv on my mac with the updated password, not my phones app store though.

Brand new Iphone 12 mini

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 12:50 PM

2 replies

Jan 4, 2022 1:06 PM in response to elymedfly

Welcome Elymedfly,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you've signed out of the App Store on your new iPhone 12 mini and now can't sign back in. We'll do our best to assist.

We'd first try signing in on the Apple ID website to verify your login credentials: Manage your Apple ID

In case you still need to reset the Apple ID password: If you forgot your Apple ID password

You mentioned resetting your Apple ID password. If you haven't also taken these steps, we'd try that next: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

Lastly, if this is about connecting to the App Store, see: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

Should it persist, what happens when you attempt to connect your new iPhone to another Wi-Fi network? Are you getting any specific errors when you attempt to sign in?

Let us know if these help out, take care!

could not sign in/apple id or password incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.