Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 12 passcode

Just got new iPhone 12 - during setup process I set 4 digit passcode to same 4 digits as old iPhone 8 (poor decision looking back). In trying to transfer from old to new phone, it’s asking for old passcode but when I enter it it’s obviously saying incorrect as it’s matching the new passcode. What can I do? Can I change the new 12 passcode before continuing to set up new 12? Or can I continue setup (manually) then once complete, can I reconfigure to old iPhone 8 through iCloud? Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 12, 15

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 2:07 PM

Hello there DD7979,

I understand you're looking for assistance with setting up your iPhone 12, so let's see how we can help.

As you're being requested for an old passcode without the current one being accepted, have you tried using a previous passcode that you had set prior to the current passcode from the old iPhone? If that doesn't work, you'll want to try starting the set up process over on your iPhone 12 as that would likely be the most time efficient route for you. To do this, lock the iPhone or swipe up the screen like you're closing apps to see if you're presented with an option to start over.

If you're not presented with an option to start over, you can continue with setting up your iPhone, then erase it to start the process over. If you need assistance with erasing your iPhone, check out the steps here:

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are still seeing the message after restoring and setting up again, Contact Apple Support to look into this in more detail.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 2:07 PM in response to DD7979

Hello there DD7979,

I understand you're looking for assistance with setting up your iPhone 12, so let's see how we can help.

As you're being requested for an old passcode without the current one being accepted, have you tried using a previous passcode that you had set prior to the current passcode from the old iPhone? If that doesn't work, you'll want to try starting the set up process over on your iPhone 12 as that would likely be the most time efficient route for you. To do this, lock the iPhone or swipe up the screen like you're closing apps to see if you're presented with an option to start over.

If you're not presented with an option to start over, you can continue with setting up your iPhone, then erase it to start the process over. If you need assistance with erasing your iPhone, check out the steps here:

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are still seeing the message after restoring and setting up again, Contact Apple Support to look into this in more detail.

Have a great day!

New iPhone 12 passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.