Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a new iPhone 13 and with my old phone was paying $0.99 for additional storage. Do I still need to pay for storage or is there something I could do to cancel that?

I purchased a new iPhone 13 and with my old phone was paying $0.99 for additional storage. Do I still need to pay for storage or is there something I could do to cancel that?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 2:05 PM

The storage you pay for has nothing to do with your iPhone's local storage at all. It is iCloud Storage, and it is tied to your Apple ID, not a specific device. It does not change the local capacity of your iPhone.

It's up to you wether you want to keep it and use it on your new iPhone.

You can check your iCloud storage usage in Settings->Account(top of settings)->iCloud-.Manage Storage.

If it says you are using more than 5GB, then you will want to keep it or download stuff from iCloud and back it up somewhere before cancelling the subscription as anything above 5GB on iCloud will be deleted when it's canceled.

If you do want to cancel it, follow the steps here: link-> Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 2:05 PM in response to DA1962

The storage you pay for has nothing to do with your iPhone's local storage at all. It is iCloud Storage, and it is tied to your Apple ID, not a specific device. It does not change the local capacity of your iPhone.

It's up to you wether you want to keep it and use it on your new iPhone.

You can check your iCloud storage usage in Settings->Account(top of settings)->iCloud-.Manage Storage.

If it says you are using more than 5GB, then you will want to keep it or download stuff from iCloud and back it up somewhere before cancelling the subscription as anything above 5GB on iCloud will be deleted when it's canceled.

If you do want to cancel it, follow the steps here: link-> Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.