Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I keep the dock in view at all times?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 10:59 AM

Are you maybe viewing Mail in Full Screen mode my friend?

How to exit full screen mode on macOS 

When you want to leave full-screen mode, move your cursor to the top of your display to show your app’s toolbar or title bar and click the green button. Another way you can exit full screen mode is to press Command-Control-F, or choose View > Exit Full Screen.

Press the Option key and then click the green button. This expands the window to take up as much space as possible, while not hiding the menu bar and Dock. This is not the same as full-screen mode, but it takes advantage of as much of your display as possible while still allowing you to see the menu bar and (if it’s not hidden) the Dock.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 10:59 AM in response to Choral Eddie

Are you maybe viewing Mail in Full Screen mode my friend?

How to exit full screen mode on macOS 

When you want to leave full-screen mode, move your cursor to the top of your display to show your app’s toolbar or title bar and click the green button. Another way you can exit full screen mode is to press Command-Control-F, or choose View > Exit Full Screen.

Press the Option key and then click the green button. This expands the window to take up as much space as possible, while not hiding the menu bar and Dock. This is not the same as full-screen mode, but it takes advantage of as much of your display as possible while still allowing you to see the menu bar and (if it’s not hidden) the Dock.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.