You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone xr microphone not working

hello all my iphone xr microphone has stopped working after this new ios 15 update i have gone through all my settings and everything is all fine can someone help

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 5:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 6:18 PM

Hi There,

It is likely a hardware issue that you have but before we jump to that conclusion have you followed all the steps in this article: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support?

If not, try those steps. Especially try the steps to record a Voice Memos in the Voice Memos application. If you get an error message such as "Device Not Found" then this isolates the issue to a hardware issue and you will need to contact Apple Support to have it repaired/replaced.

You can contact Apple Support here: Get Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2022 6:18 PM in response to kane266

Hi There,

It is likely a hardware issue that you have but before we jump to that conclusion have you followed all the steps in this article: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support?

If not, try those steps. Especially try the steps to record a Voice Memos in the Voice Memos application. If you get an error message such as "Device Not Found" then this isolates the issue to a hardware issue and you will need to contact Apple Support to have it repaired/replaced.

You can contact Apple Support here: Get Support

iphone xr microphone not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.