Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two iPhones both of which are set up with the same Apple ID

I have two iPhones (iPhone 12 & iPhone 13 both of which are set up with the same Apple ID. How can I set up separate iCloud accounts for each phone? My phone has same email for Apple ID and iCloud account. I wants wife's phone to have iCloud set up with her own email account. Right now her phone keeps automatically reverting to my email address for iCloud.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 10:38 PM

Right now her phone keeps automatically reverting to my email address for iCloud.

If it's set up with your Apple ID effectively it isn't her phone - it's yours.

her phone keeps automatically reverting to my email address for iCloud.

Of course it will download your emails - that is what you have told it to do by signing in with your Apple ID.

How can I set up separate iCloud accounts for each phone?

You will need to sign out of iCloud on the iPhone you have designated as your wife's and then sign in to iCloud using her Apple ID. If she does not yet have an Apple ID you can see the instructions for creating one here.

When you have sorted that out you would find it useful to set up a Family Sharing group.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 10:38 PM in response to shivani216

Right now her phone keeps automatically reverting to my email address for iCloud.

If it's set up with your Apple ID effectively it isn't her phone - it's yours.

her phone keeps automatically reverting to my email address for iCloud.

Of course it will download your emails - that is what you have told it to do by signing in with your Apple ID.

How can I set up separate iCloud accounts for each phone?

You will need to sign out of iCloud on the iPhone you have designated as your wife's and then sign in to iCloud using her Apple ID. If she does not yet have an Apple ID you can see the instructions for creating one here.

When you have sorted that out you would find it useful to set up a Family Sharing group.

I have two iPhones both of which are set up with the same Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.