Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stock price update

I think apple updates the stock price once per day around 9:00 EST. Lately, I see very often the stock prices are not updated for 3 or 4 days. Do I have something set up wrong? Anyway to force the update?

Right now, on January 4th the last update price I have on my sheet is from January 1st.

Thanks,

Luis

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 6:08 AM

Numbers gets its price data from Yahoo! Finance. You might want to check on the Yahoo! Finance website whether prices have been updated there.

January 1 and 2 were non-trading days so of course you should not expect price updates during this days. Check out the My Stocks template at File > New in your menu to see how it handles non-trading days using a filter.

SG

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 6:08 AM in response to Lalvgom

Numbers gets its price data from Yahoo! Finance. You might want to check on the Yahoo! Finance website whether prices have been updated there.

January 1 and 2 were non-trading days so of course you should not expect price updates during this days. Check out the My Stocks template at File > New in your menu to see how it handles non-trading days using a filter.

SG

Jan 4, 2022 7:27 AM in response to SGIII

Thanks, I will check the templates.

January 1 and 2 were non-trading days but what about January 3? It didn't update. I checked Yahoo Finance, daily because is my main source regarding stocks, and the price doesn't match. This may get solved in 2 days but the point is that is not getting daily updates.

Anyway to force it? it's quite annoying knowing that's not the actual price.

Cheers,

Stock price update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.