Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NUMBERS FORMULA IDENTIFICATION?

Apple Computer Problems led to the current installation of Numbers. I am totally unfamiliar with Numbers. I want to set up Tables(?) providing each months church expenses. And for each month, I want to have a column that provides a running total of each expense category. To do so I need to set up a formula to "automatically" access each previous month running totals, by category, and add the current month category to it for a current running total. HELP! Thanks.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:34 AM

Have you had a look at the Personal Budget template at File > New in your menu. From your description of what you are trying to do, that may be a good starting point. It makes good use of the SUMIF function to total by category.

To familiarize yourself with Numbers study the templates and go to Help > Numbers Help in the menu.

SG

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 7:34 AM in response to johnefromfriendship

Have you had a look at the Personal Budget template at File > New in your menu. From your description of what you are trying to do, that may be a good starting point. It makes good use of the SUMIF function to total by category.

To familiarize yourself with Numbers study the templates and go to Help > Numbers Help in the menu.

SG

NUMBERS FORMULA IDENTIFICATION?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.