Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery of an IPhone 6s

My battery won't stay charged. I charge it at night, and in the morning when I take it off the charger, it will shut off, I turn it back on and it says it is at 5% low battery. Sometimes when I put it back on the charger it goes back to 100% and some times it just starts charging again.

Do I need a new battery or a new phone.

Thank you.

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 8:53 AM

Sounds like a new battery would help. This is something that happens when a battery is severely degraded. They simply become unreliable and very difficult for the power management system to control. I've personally seen a battery that was really old and where the battery reading would jump 10-15% and sometimes just shut down without warning.

But of course a new phone would probably work better because an iPhone 6s is extremely old and the performance has been much improved in newer models.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 8:53 AM in response to nbks9v9

Sounds like a new battery would help. This is something that happens when a battery is severely degraded. They simply become unreliable and very difficult for the power management system to control. I've personally seen a battery that was really old and where the battery reading would jump 10-15% and sometimes just shut down without warning.

But of course a new phone would probably work better because an iPhone 6s is extremely old and the performance has been much improved in newer models.

Battery of an IPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.