Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch does not want to update.

My Apple Watch does not want to update. It is on the charger and on wifi. Not to mention the watch is right next to my phone. What is going on?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 8:26 PM

FWIW, a lot of people have problems updating a series 3 watch due to insufficient memory. in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, and then updating and restoring the backup will allow you to update it.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Another option (maybe even better, if possible) is to take to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them update it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 8:26 PM in response to polguin96

FWIW, a lot of people have problems updating a series 3 watch due to insufficient memory. in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, and then updating and restoring the backup will allow you to update it.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Another option (maybe even better, if possible) is to take to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them update it.

My Apple Watch does not want to update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.