Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstall Mac OS

Trying to reset my laptop and from what I have gather I need to reinstall Mac OS but it won’t work. It loads but at the end doesn’t work and says to try again. Going into disk utility it is adding “disk images”. Anyone know how to help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 8:10 AM

Was this method from Apple Used >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Was this method from Apple Used >> How to reinstall macOS An Active and Functioning Internet Connection is required. For best results connect via Ethernet Cable to Router

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2022 8:10 AM in response to Oliverhaste

Was this method from Apple Used >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Was this method from Apple Used >> How to reinstall macOS An Active and Functioning Internet Connection is required. For best results connect via Ethernet Cable to Router

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

Reinstall Mac OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.