Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying or renting a movie

I'm new on AppleTV+. I have two silly questions:

1. What's the difference between buying and renting a movie?
  2. When I have an Apple TV+ subscription, do I still need to pay for each film I want to watch?

Thanks,

Niels

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 11:57 PM

appletv+ is streaming subscription of apple produced material

apple also have itunes store where one can purchase or rent third party material

these 2 are separate things and the appletv+ subscription has no impact on the rent purchases

the difference between rent and purchase is one give you access to media continuously

the other is a timeframe where you can view it and then if you wish to do so again you need to rent or purchase it once more

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 11:57 PM in response to niels235

appletv+ is streaming subscription of apple produced material

apple also have itunes store where one can purchase or rent third party material

these 2 are separate things and the appletv+ subscription has no impact on the rent purchases

the difference between rent and purchase is one give you access to media continuously

the other is a timeframe where you can view it and then if you wish to do so again you need to rent or purchase it once more

Buying or renting a movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.