Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im trying to turn off icloud music library as I cant get music to update on my iphone

Im trying to turn off icloud music library as I cant get music to update on my iphone

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 10:50 PM

Turn On/Off Sync Library

With the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, Sync Library is turned on by default. If you turned off Sync Library, you can turn it back on. Just follow the steps below for your device.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Turn Off/On Sync Library.

If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on Sync Library.

If Sync Library is updating or turned off, you'll see a message at the top of the Library tab in the Apple Music app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2022 10:50 PM in response to Busy Jane

Turn On/Off Sync Library

With the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, Sync Library is turned on by default. If you turned off Sync Library, you can turn it back on. Just follow the steps below for your device.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Turn Off/On Sync Library.

If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on Sync Library.

If Sync Library is updating or turned off, you'll see a message at the top of the Library tab in the Apple Music app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.