Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 1100

Trying to reset a factory iphone 6 using iTunes and keep getting iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1100)

I have searched all around the internet and this site and I keep getting bullshit responses and generic responses that do nothing to help me, so I am begging you, if you do not have anything other than just generic responses, don't respond, and give me actual help.

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 4:47 AM

First of all have you tried simply Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and settings (The navigation may be different, it's a long time since I saw iOS12)

Error 1100 is not in the error code list and I have never seen it before.

The nearest is this generic response: try it or ignore it but don't complain about it.

Here's what to check. Try again after each step:

1. If iTunes is already open, quit and reopen it.
  2. Check your third-party security software. Preferably uninstall it from the PC
  3. Make sure that your USB cable, computer, and network are reliable. Then try twice more to restore your device.
  4. Check for outdated or modified software

If you still see the error, contact Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 4:47 AM in response to jaquavon06

First of all have you tried simply Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and settings (The navigation may be different, it's a long time since I saw iOS12)

Error 1100 is not in the error code list and I have never seen it before.

The nearest is this generic response: try it or ignore it but don't complain about it.

Here's what to check. Try again after each step:

1. If iTunes is already open, quit and reopen it.
  2. Check your third-party security software. Preferably uninstall it from the PC
  3. Make sure that your USB cable, computer, and network are reliable. Then try twice more to restore your device.
  4. Check for outdated or modified software

If you still see the error, contact Apple Support.

Error 1100

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.