Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faint yellow spots on screen (see image)

Please see the top right corner earmarked in blue scribbled boundaries to highlight the yellow spots.

Is it because of,

a) Manufacturing defect due to poor gluing of the LCD panel, OR

b) Wear and tear of the LCD panel due to usage over time. I bought this iPhone XR in July 2018, so 3 yrs running. Seems like a short run window for this sort of LCD panel aging issue cropping up. (If it’s the underlying case)

c) Software issue

Few disclaimers:

1) Haven’t had the screen replaced, nor the phone underwent any repairs.

2) Just to show the yellow spots, I increased the brightness to 100% (yellow spots are prominently visible at this rate of brightness). Typically, I keep my phone brightness to <=40%.

3) Have rarely dropped the phone. I protect the body with Pitaka case.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 11:06 PM

2 replies

Jan 6, 2022 4:39 AM in response to ReclusiveRoy

If the phone is in warranty you could arrange a service which may be just a screen and may be under warranty if it passes their checks.

Out of warranty I would recommend living with it.

How to arrange a repair

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service

or: contact Apple Support 

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article.

You can see additional service information within the following article:

Prepare your iPhone for packing and shipping

Faint yellow spots on screen (see image)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.