Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor frozen

I updated macbook air os from high sierra to monterey last night and when i started my laptop today in the morning, cursor is frozen at one corner of the screen. While starting the laptop the cursor is moving everytime on the page which asks for password for laptop. But post singing into the system, cursor gets frozen at one corner. Tried smc and nvram method but it didn’t work out for me. Tired restarting, and rebooting too but that didn’t help either. Please help!!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 7:42 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

If no problem in Safe Mode but problem returns after a normal boot that mean something is being loaded during a normal boot that is causing the problem.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 7:42 AM in response to akanksha_24

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

If no problem in Safe Mode but problem returns after a normal boot that mean something is being loaded during a normal boot that is causing the problem.

Jan 7, 2022 11:09 AM in response to akanksha_24

Happen in both Normal and Safe Boot - could be hardware and could be software or could be Lack of Empty Space on the Internal Drive.

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

And CMM definitely falls into the category. A Testament of the damages this specific application can cause - read the first 600 posting on these forums.

Cursor frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.