Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does it help iPhone 12mini users when the facility to set up different ring tones for regular and WhatsApp calls? At present, one has to assign a ringtone to WhatsApp contacts individually.

How does it help iPhone 12mini users when the facility to set up different ring tones for regular and WhatsApp calls (collectively) has not been provided by Apple? At present, one has to assign a ringtone (different from the standard ringtone) to WhatsApp contacts individually.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 6:04 AM

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

WhatsApp Business is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> Developer Website  or App Support  or WhatsApp business products - WhatsApp FAQ

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 11:15 PM in response to SravanKrA

Sir, I know WhatsApp is not an Apple product. I am asking, the way Android phones allow a user to have one ringtone for regular calls and another for WhatsApp calls, what is the reason Apple doesn't provide this facility. In my One Plus phone, all it takes is one click to set up a ringtone for WhatsApp calls which is different from regular calls - in my iPhone 12 mini, I have to do that individually for each contact. Which is better? Be honest.

How does it help iPhone 12mini users when the facility to set up different ring tones for regular and WhatsApp calls? At present, one has to assign a ringtone to WhatsApp contacts individually.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.