Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Auto Play

I have several purchased TV series from the iTunes store and watch them frequently on Apple TV. I would like to enable autoplay, or create a playlist so that I can continuously watch TV shows without having to manually start a new episode every 30 minutes. I have researched this for years on the apple communities site, tried every "solution", without any resolution. I have tried on multiple models of Apple TV. My current Apple TV is model A1842, with tvOS 15.2.

I just cannot accept that apple hasn't thought of this or developed a fix for this, being the intuitive company Apple is. Looking and willing to try any suggestions. Please help.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2022 5:45 PM

**Update** So, a few days ago the problem resolved itself. By selecting the series "The Office" from my AppleTV app and under the "watch it now" tab, the episodes would play sequentially. Eventually the auto playing episodes would time out with a pause after a few episodes similarly to the Netflix "are you still watching" pop up.

Then today, I sat down to watch "The Office" again and when selecting episodes via the AppleTV app/watch it now tab, a pop-up for the app Peacock shows up and wants me to "connect" and download the app. Remember, I purchased this entire series on iTunes. So now my problem is, The Office will not play via the AppleTV app/watch it now because the AppleTV thinks I am playing something that should only be allowed on Peacock. I can however still play my iTunes content from the iTunes app.

I tried all the "try first" things: restarting AppleTV, force quitting apps and re-launching, updating tvOS... etc. no fix.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2022 5:45 PM in response to CR500

**Update** So, a few days ago the problem resolved itself. By selecting the series "The Office" from my AppleTV app and under the "watch it now" tab, the episodes would play sequentially. Eventually the auto playing episodes would time out with a pause after a few episodes similarly to the Netflix "are you still watching" pop up.

Then today, I sat down to watch "The Office" again and when selecting episodes via the AppleTV app/watch it now tab, a pop-up for the app Peacock shows up and wants me to "connect" and download the app. Remember, I purchased this entire series on iTunes. So now my problem is, The Office will not play via the AppleTV app/watch it now because the AppleTV thinks I am playing something that should only be allowed on Peacock. I can however still play my iTunes content from the iTunes app.

I tried all the "try first" things: restarting AppleTV, force quitting apps and re-launching, updating tvOS... etc. no fix.

Apple TV Auto Play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.