Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar will not show all previous dates. Is there an update or fix to access prior years events?

After update 15.1 or 15.2 older Calendar activity after one year is not accessible

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 7:56 AM

How about after iOS 1.0 was released 15 years ago calendar activity after one year is not searchable? The built in calendar has always only searched back one year. You can go to previous years, assuming you have the calendar set to keep all entries, but you can’t search. You need a 3rd party calendar app such as Fantastical or Week Calendar for a more robust search capability.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 7:56 AM in response to Virzi47

How about after iOS 1.0 was released 15 years ago calendar activity after one year is not searchable? The built in calendar has always only searched back one year. You can go to previous years, assuming you have the calendar set to keep all entries, but you can’t search. You need a 3rd party calendar app such as Fantastical or Week Calendar for a more robust search capability.

Jan 6, 2022 10:52 AM in response to Virzi47

If I google “alien abductions” I will get a half million hits, so I consider Google useless for analyzing technical issues.

I’m on 15.2. My primary calendars (22 of them) are all iCloud, and I can view all of them back to before I first imported them from my Palm, back to 1999.

In the Calendar app tap on Calendars at the bottom of the screen. Are all calendars checked?

If you log in to https://icloud.com and click on Calendar do you see older entries?

Also see this support article→Use iCloud.com to restore and recover iCloud information - Apple Support

Jan 6, 2022 9:24 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank You

source is iCloud. I have logged out of I cloud and logged back in and still the same. I am not going to let my wife’s phone update to 15.2 as she may not be able to access older dates.

If you Google this issue you too will find many others with the same issue after the 15.1 or 15.2 update. I have tried numerous suggestions with zero success. I am hoping for a 15.3 fix soon.

Calendar will not show all previous dates. Is there an update or fix to access prior years events?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.