Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts Search is not working

The search feature in Contacts on my Apple iPhone12 is not working. My contacts are stored in a Office 365 account that is linked and synced to my phone. All the contacts are there -- I can see them when I scroll down alphabetically, and they appear in texts, but I cannot search for them. When I search for a contact, I get "No Results." I can then scroll down alphabetically and find the same contact.

My phone is updated to the latest software. Restarting the phone sometimes works, but not always.

Please help. Why isn't this working? How can I fix it?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 8:25 AM

1 reply

Jan 7, 2022 9:01 AM in response to Megan-704

Hello Megan-704,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to search for contacts on your iPhone. If you haven't already, please force close the Contacts app and also turn off and back on contact syncing for this account and here is more info:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Cheers!

Contacts Search is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.