Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting two external displays to a MacBook Pro with M1 Pro

I've been reading about connecting two external displays to a Apple M1 Pro and seeing responses where it's only possible to hook up one. The "two" being the monitor on the laptop itself plus one. I ordered a 16" Macbook pro with the M1Pro chip v, I also purchased a new OWC Thunderbolt Dock and 2 - 27" Thunderbolt Displays. The Add on Apple's Website says (will support 2 External displays) as follows...

Apple M1 Pro

Incredible performance for pro applications

Up to

2.5x faster

graphics performance⁹

Over

200GB/s

memory bandwidth

Supports two external displays

I've gotten everything set up and am just waiting for my new MacBook pro to arrive.

Sincerely,

SA Wendland

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 10:32 AM

Check the specs for the 16" M1 Pro Chip computer:

MacBook Pro 14- and 16-inch - Technical Specifications - Apple

It supports up to 2 external displays.

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:

Up to two external displays with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors (M1 Pro) or

Up to three external displays with up to 6K resolution and one external

display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors

(M1 Max)"

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 10:32 AM in response to SAWendland

Check the specs for the 16" M1 Pro Chip computer:

MacBook Pro 14- and 16-inch - Technical Specifications - Apple

It supports up to 2 external displays.

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at 1 billion colors and:

Up to two external displays with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors (M1 Pro) or

Up to three external displays with up to 6K resolution and one external

display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors

(M1 Max)"

Connecting two external displays to a MacBook Pro with M1 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.