Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.apple.alarm.user-visible-Weekly Usage Report keeps waking my Macbook Pro at night while lid closed

I've seen this asked before in the community but never solved?

I have a recurring problem with my Macbook Pro 15 inch, 2016, Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1:

I have the lid closed at night, unplugged and certain mornings I arrive to see it completely drained.

I've made sure to not have Power Nap on.

I noticed in the Wake Requests though - com.apple.alarm.user-visible-Weekly Usage Report happens at random times at night.

To see this:

pmset -g log | grep "Wake Requests"

To see scheduled power events:

pmset -g sched

Since my only power event was the Weekly Usage thing, I did:

sudo pmset schedule cancelall

which cleared it from the schedule, I'll have to see if it gets added back..

Also, I turned off Screen Time (in system prefs) to try to make sure it wouldn't be added back.

Anyone else having this issue?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 11:20 PM

To launch terminal :

https://www.howtogeek.com/682770/how-to-open-the-terminal-on-a-mac/

also for the

sudo pmset schedule cancelall

command, it’ll ask you for your password, which is the one you use to login.

Similar questions

17 replies

Jan 10, 2022 10:03 AM in response to superwick

So far (com.apple.alarm.user-visible-Weekly Usage Report) was exactly the culprit!

I've been able to have my Macbook Pro not plugged in and in sleep mode overnight without it turning on and draining the battery by morning!

It's amazing that Apple allows Screen Time to do Power Event Wakes all night thus draining the battery by morning...

May 29, 2022 9:41 AM in response to superwick

Hi all,

I wonder if this is the same issue you're having? Are these entries listed in your "System Information > Power" on your Mac?

I have just brought this MBP-2020 M1 and I noticed these listed (see pic below) so naturally I hit the web, and came across this thread.

Does anyone know will these want to run every night?

And am I safe to disable these ?

Thanks

Feb 5, 2022 10:46 AM in response to superwick

This is super normal for it to process com.apple.alarm.user-visible-Weekly Usage Report it is a report that sends to apple. If you apple logo on the top left of ur screen then about this pc. Then press show report then go to power go down and it should be listed under the events there u will know the next time it will be done. However this feature cant be deactivated

com.apple.alarm.user-visible-Weekly Usage Report keeps waking my Macbook Pro at night while lid closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.