Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ready to completely give up on Safari 15

Since upgrading to macOS Monterey on my MacBook Pro (2020, 13"), the performance—and, frankly, the most basic aspects of usability—of Safari have gradually gone downhill. On any given work day with Safari 15.2, I have no choice but to switch Google Chrome at least 10 times a day.

Simply put, pages won't load in Safari, or pages do not perform correctly in Safari. And I'm not just talking about one here or one there...

There are features about Safari that I love...and I should note that I've never had this type of problem with Safari on my iPhone. But it doesn't make much sense to constantly switch back and forth between browsers.

Is this an issue with web developers not making commercial sites compatible with Safari? I might have believed that in 2020...but given the number of ugly, bug-ridden stumbles that I've seen across my entire Apple ecosystem since last summer, my guess is that Safari 15 was released before it was ready. I mean, they actually released a new flagship product with the notch covering up the menu bar!

Any thoughts? More importantly, any fixes that people are using to keep Safari 15 going? Yesterday, I went to a site, it gave the me the same post-login blank components mid-screen that it always does on Safari, and out of frustration, I hit reload, then did it again, then did it again. ****** if the site didn't load on the fourth attempt. (Note: this is most definitely NOT a resource issue on my machine...the monitor I have in my dock showed me that I had plenty of resources available.)

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 1:21 PM

Clear your Safari browser cache and all history. Remove all of your added Safari extensions. Uninstall any anti-virus or other so-called unnecessary tools that may be impacting normal Safari behavior. Reboot your Mac, and press the shift-key when launching Safari again for the first time. That will prevent it from accessing its last saved application state.

I use Safari 15.2 all day long 7 days a week and have no issues on macOS 11.6.2 and 12.1.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 1:21 PM in response to Sean-DC

Clear your Safari browser cache and all history. Remove all of your added Safari extensions. Uninstall any anti-virus or other so-called unnecessary tools that may be impacting normal Safari behavior. Reboot your Mac, and press the shift-key when launching Safari again for the first time. That will prevent it from accessing its last saved application state.

I use Safari 15.2 all day long 7 days a week and have no issues on macOS 11.6.2 and 12.1.

Jan 23, 2022 8:38 AM in response to Sean-DC

Also having Safari 15 issues with very slow, or sometimes hung, page loads (both Catalina and Monterey on different Macs). Cleared cache which helps a bit for a while (maybe an hour or two). Even tried removing ALL extensions and booting in Safe Mode with no notable improvement.

I've gone to Firefox and had no such browser problems. Still wondering why Safari still seems clunky, and open to other suggestions. .

Ready to completely give up on Safari 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.