Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Single File Not Uploading to iCloud Photos

I'm a film student trying to transfer a single video from my iPhone 12 to iCloud so I can download it onto my computer. The problem is that this file is 70 GB as I recorded for an hour straight in 4K. My internet speed is more than enough and I have enough storage space on my iCloud drive to accommodate the video. It's been a week since I've recorded the video and it's still not uploaded despite leaving my phone plugged in and turned on overnight. What else can I do?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 3:56 PM

Colinrocks99 Said:

"Single File Not Uploading to iCloud Photos: I'm a film student trying to transfer a single video from my iPhone 12 to iCloud so I can download it onto my computer. The problem is that this file is 70 GB"

-------

Transferring this.

I recommend using a computer (Mac or PC), rather than through iCloud (elsewise, you'd be stuck with paying for an upgraded Apple iCloud+ Plan that you would have purchased).

See your Options here: Transfer Photos and Videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Upgrading iCloud:

If a 70GB file will not upload, the likely you have the services to do so. You'd need to either plug it directly into your computer, or upgrade your iCloud to the 200GB iCloud+ Plan. See here: Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2022 3:56 PM in response to Colinrocks99

Colinrocks99 Said:

"Single File Not Uploading to iCloud Photos: I'm a film student trying to transfer a single video from my iPhone 12 to iCloud so I can download it onto my computer. The problem is that this file is 70 GB"

-------

Transferring this.

I recommend using a computer (Mac or PC), rather than through iCloud (elsewise, you'd be stuck with paying for an upgraded Apple iCloud+ Plan that you would have purchased).

See your Options here: Transfer Photos and Videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Upgrading iCloud:

If a 70GB file will not upload, the likely you have the services to do so. You'd need to either plug it directly into your computer, or upgrade your iCloud to the 200GB iCloud+ Plan. See here: Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Jan 6, 2022 4:30 PM in response to Colinrocks99

Colinrocks99 Said:

"I have the 200GB iCloud plan but I guess it would be better to transfer through USB. I've tried transferring through USB but when I copy the files over, my PC gives me the error 'Device is unreachable.'"

-------

Any Security Software Installed?

Sounds like a firewall issue. If you have Security Software installed, then disable it for a moment while you perform this.

Single File Not Uploading to iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.