Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Asking to enter Mac Password during "Confirm iPhone Passcode"

Hi there!

On my new iPhone 13 recently I started observing message "Confirm iPhone Passcode" whatever that means.

When I press Continue button first of all it is suggested to "Enter iPhone Passcode".

After I enter it then it is suggested to "Enter Mac Password". And here it is said, that password is incorrect.

I have 2 MacBook Pro - one my personal, another one - for work.

On another one there are 2 accounts - Administrator (which was set-up and used by IT-department and I don't have access to it) and my account. And I assume, when it is asking to "Enter Mac Password", it checks password of Administrator account and not of my own.

So how to resolve this issue?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 11:35 PM

No, it's my personal phone.

I've resolved issue by unassigning company mac from my account, after complete  "Confirm iPhone Passcode", assign in back. But I'd suggest to fix this issue by apple in future in order to not make their users to find such workarounds.

2 replies

Jan 7, 2022 9:46 AM in response to dimon-taurus

dimon-taurus wrote:

Hi there!
On my new iPhone 13 recently I started observing message "Confirm iPhone Passcode" whatever that means.
When I press Continue button first of all it is suggested to "Enter iPhone Passcode".
After I enter it then it is suggested to "Enter Mac Password". And here it is said, that password is incorrect.
I have 2 MacBook Pro - one my personal, another one - for work.
On another one there are 2 accounts - Administrator (which was set-up and used by IT-department and I don't have access to it) and my account. And I assume, when it is asking to "Enter Mac Password", it checks password of Administrator account and not of my own.
So how to resolve this issue?

If your Iphone is bound to Enterprise, JAMF, MDM, active directory list —contact your IT-department for some resolve. I would have no insight.

You can Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Asking to enter Mac Password during "Confirm iPhone Passcode"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.