Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini intel monterey

Will the latest (2022) Mac mini with Intel processor work with Bootcamp? Also, does the Mac Mini with Intel processor ship with the Monterey OS?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 7:08 AM

the year is the year the model was released not the year it was purchased, the last update I believe was 2020

all products apple sell are shipped with the latests ios and macos version released at the time of shipment

all intel macs support bootcamp

3 replies

Jan 7, 2022 8:16 AM in response to Fernando Colina

Fernando Colina wrote:

Will the latest (2022) Mac mini with Intel processor work with Bootcamp?....

The late 2020 MacMini which is the current model uses the Apple M1 CPU which is an ARM64 based CPU. The last Mini produced with an Intel chip was the 2018 model. Microsoft does not have a commercial version of Windows publicly available for the ARM64 platform and Bootcamp does not work on the latest MacMinis.

Jan 7, 2022 9:08 AM in response to woodmeister50

I'm looking at the Apple Store, Mac Mini with Intel Chip, space grey. I'm understanding that this model is still called the 2018 Mac Mini, so that Bootcamp will work with this machine because it still uses the 2018 specs. It comes with Monterey installed because it's the latest OS. My confusion was that I thought Monterey would only be available in M1 machines going forward.

mac mini intel monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.