Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting iPhone to Apple Watch

i recently got an Apple Watch. When I go to connect my Apple Watch to my iPhone 11, it asks for my Apple ID password, although it’s no the Apple ID that’s connected to my phone. It’s an old Apple ID that i used many years ago, and there’s constantly notifications to update my Apple ID settings in settings, but it asks for my old Apple ID password anymore which I don’t use anymore. I just want to connect to my Apple Watch using my correct Apple ID which is connected to my phone and I can’t change it because it doesn’t give me the option to. When I try to connect to my watch, it says I need to update my Apple ID setting in order to connect, but the only way of doing so is to enter my old Apple ID password which I don’t remember or use anymore. I have no idea how the old Apple ID is even connected to this phone because I haven’t used it in maybe 8 years. Anybody know how I can fix this?

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 1:44 AM

You can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Online Activation Lock Removal Tool.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 1:44 AM in response to Gabby_1999

You can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Online Activation Lock Removal Tool.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

Connecting iPhone to Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.