Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i name a group text

How do I name a group text? The instructions given don't work

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 1:49 PM

As it says in the Related Article at the top of this page that you were reading when you posted, As well as the (same) link provided by ResortCasual, you cannot name a group text if there are any SMS (as opposed to iMessage) users in the group. It’s a limitation of the SMS protocol. You also can’t remove members from any group text that includes non-iPhone SMS users, something to keep in mind when creating a group message.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2022 1:49 PM in response to 1941may

As it says in the Related Article at the top of this page that you were reading when you posted, As well as the (same) link provided by ResortCasual, you cannot name a group text if there are any SMS (as opposed to iMessage) users in the group. It’s a limitation of the SMS protocol. You also can’t remove members from any group text that includes non-iPhone SMS users, something to keep in mind when creating a group message.

how do i name a group text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.