Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime not showing on a Contact

From my iPad or iPhone I used to be able to initiate a FaceTime call with my son who has an iPad but NOT an iPhone.

I can no longer do this and yet “Video” is not greyed out on his contact. There is no “Add FaceTime” in his contact details either.

When he calls me, I click on the green “accept” button but the screen immediately goes black with just his initials shown centre screen in a 🟢 and I can’t connect.

What could have changed?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 2:46 PM

PaulSG wrote:

From my iPad or iPhone I used to be able to initiate a FaceTime call with my son who has an iPad but NOT an iPhone.
I can no longer do this and yet “Video” is not greyed out on his contact. There is no “Add FaceTime” in his contact details either.
When he calls me, I click on the green “accept” button but the screen immediately goes black with just his initials shown centre screen in a 🟢 and I can’t connect.
What could have changed?

He may not have facetime enabled. And more than likely the issue is on his end, since you can facetime everyone else except for him.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2022 2:46 PM in response to PaulSG

PaulSG wrote:

What could have changed?

He may not have facetime enabled. And more than likely the issue is on his end, since you can facetime everyone else except for him.

FaceTime not showing on a Contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.