Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore

my computer was repaired at the apple store but when I got it back it was factory reset. How do I get everything back?

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 7:29 PM

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

If you have a backup in an external drive or at least personal files synced with iCloud Drive and Photos, you can get them back from there. But if you had it only on your Mac, unfortunately your data is lost.

It is extremely important to always keep an up-to-date backup file on external drives for cases just like that. If your Mac has a problem, software or hardware, your data is safe.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2022 7:29 PM in response to Paige3459

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

If you have a backup in an external drive or at least personal files synced with iCloud Drive and Photos, you can get them back from there. But if you had it only on your Mac, unfortunately your data is lost.

It is extremely important to always keep an up-to-date backup file on external drives for cases just like that. If your Mac has a problem, software or hardware, your data is safe.

restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.