Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numeric keypad section of PC keyboard not working properly on my mini mac

My NumLock status light does not turn on/off when I press my NumLock key on my PC keyboard - Attached by usb to my new mini Mac M1. I have the latest software update macOSMonterey 12.1 The number pad works as if the NumLock key is on- that is I can type numbers. In fact I can only type numbers. I cannot type the non- numeric functions on the numeric keypad portion of my keyboard- e.g. the delete function key below the period button, the ‘Home’ function below the ‘7’ key, etc. The numeric keypad works properly when attached to a pc, but not my mini Mac. I’d like to be able to toggle the NumLock key on and off. It seems to be permanently set to the on position- even though the Num Lock indicator status is off. I’ve looked thru preferences and can’t seem to find a setting to fix this.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 4:15 AM

PC keyboards do not have the same ANSI codes as a Mac keyboard, so, they do not work the same for all purposes.

1 reply

Numeric keypad section of PC keyboard not working properly on my mini mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.