Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to add my number to iMessages

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 5:19 PM

ron_player123 Said:

"I’m having the same problem, and I tried removing my number, then adding it back again. It doesn’t seem to work on my iPhone. I’m getting a strange message"

-------

Provide a Screenshot:

What's the message? Provide a screenshot, deleting personal info: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as they provide you with the service of Messaging.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2022 5:19 PM in response to 4Get-AppleMusic

ron_player123 Said:

"I’m having the same problem, and I tried removing my number, then adding it back again. It doesn’t seem to work on my iPhone. I’m getting a strange message"

-------

Provide a Screenshot:

What's the message? Provide a screenshot, deleting personal info: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as they provide you with the service of Messaging.

Jan 20, 2022 5:20 PM in response to TheLittles

I’m having the same problem, and I tried removing my number, then adding it back again. It doesn’t seem to work on my iPhone.

I’m getting a strange message, but the screenshots can’t be added to this. But, I’ll re-login, and I’m able to check my iTunes & iCloud accounts, just not my number… when I arrow back out it states “Activation unsuccessful. Turn on iMessages to try again.”

it states this with iMessages turned ON, and the only thing not working is that my mobile number cannot be checked like the iTunes & iCloud accounts.

Feb 14, 2022 10:16 AM in response to ron_player123

In your iPhone, open Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.

By tapping "Use your Apple ID for iMessage," you can sign in with your Apple ID if you haven't already.

When you sign in, locate the section titled "You can receive iMessages to and reply from" and select your phone number. If so, it will have a check beside it.

If your Mac has already signed in with your Apple ID, you may receive a pop-up on the home screen asking if you'd like to add your phone number to iMessage and FaceTime. If so, click "yes." Once you've added your phone number, you can turn it on in iMessage on your Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.