Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook will not show me software update but is saying in app store that i need to update software to update apps

I need to update my macbook and i can not find the software update anywhere

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 7:21 AM

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and depending on which MacBook Pro model you have, click on High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey.

If you're going to upgrade to Catalina or newer, 32-bit software won't run afterwards; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(211613)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 7:21 AM in response to rachelmjacobson

Back up your data, check your applications for compatibility, and depending on which MacBook Pro model you have, click on High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey.

If you're going to upgrade to Catalina or newer, 32-bit software won't run afterwards; download and use Go64 to scan for it. To check other programs, click here and look them up.

(211613)

My macbook will not show me software update but is saying in app store that i need to update software to update apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.