Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can we make autocorrect not change words typed correctly

I love autocorrect but recently I've noticed the AI is becoming more and more prone to automatically change words even when i type them correctly. Even more annoying, is the way it doesn't warn you it even plans to change your text until the last letter when you're already confidently tapping your space bar. For example last night “resting” was replaced by “testing”. Im guessing this is an AI picking up on the frequency of the word test and trying to be overly clever by assuming now EVERYONE wants to type testing ALL of the time. Please get rid of this or tell me how to disable.

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 8:22 AM

Even worse, my phone keeps autocorrecting can to can’t. This has caused me a lot of issues as you can imagine. I reset the keyboard dictionary which fixed it for a month then it started doing it again!!!!! Frustrating as ****!!!

4 replies

Can we make autocorrect not change words typed correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.